Home / Forums / Remote Student Engagement & Retention Strategies / 25 ways to make zoom more interesting :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Susan

Some of these are more kid like but I could totally imagine little adaptations especially for practicing language… https://hookedoninnovation.com/2020/05/13/25-strategies-to-engage-zoom/

Anita Kerr

Agreed, Susan, that some of these ideas could work great in an online class meeting on a web conferencing platform. We never know what will work until we try!

Jenny Siegfried

With each new class, I tell my students that we are going to try one new thing in Zoom each week. I always reassure them that I’m learning, too, because I find that if I don’t get into Zoom frequently to practice using it, I start to forget!

And for us teachers, I think practice is really important. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve Zoomed with myself just to see how something works, and to compare how things work on a computer vs. a tablet vs. a phone. There are few things less flattering than seeing yourself on Zoom from three different angles because you’re using three different devices, but I really need that practice so I can help my students learn remotely!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: 25 ways to make zoom more interesting :)
Your information: