Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Lisa Placko

Classroom and school equity is main focus in our night school program. We engage students in regular teambuilding as well as take time to learn about the challenges and positive things in their lives through journaling and discussion. It really gives students a feeling of belonging.

Ruby Huston

While I have tutored CNA classes I have worked hard to get to know all the students by name and helped them determine what they need to be successful in the class. Each student had different needs, these were shared with the instructor and we both worked to get rid of the barriers they had for learning.

Kim Wormsby

I work to promote equity in my classroom by getting to know students with a survey at the start of the year. They are able to answer questions about reading, personal information and goals. This allows me to get to understand them as individuals and to make connections in the future and I learn their names. I currently incorporate students working in small group and use a variety of aids such as videos, anchor charts, graphic organizers, etc. for students. I also learn more about their cultures when I ask questions about favorite foods and music.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Equity
Your information: