Home / Forums / Digital Classroom Ideas/Resources / Get Started with Google Classroom

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Jenny Siegfried

Are you interested in using Google Classroom to teach online? Google has a great get-started-quick guide here:
    https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1sckITXovSDDRtBY_pcS-bttJICKVU5Xm5M25Y0ZBtGU/edit?usp=sharing

If you’re an auditory or visual learner, you can also watch the Tech Learn & Share webinar video from March 20 (click the “Upcoming PD” tab above and scroll down until you see the Tech Learn & Share link. The segment on Google Classroom starts at 1:12:24).

If you’re a kinesthetic learner like me, you can try out my “sandbox” Google Classroom!
    1. Go to classroom.google.com and log in with your PERSONAL Google account
    2. Click the + symbol and select “Join class”
    3. Enter the class code: ygehc7j

One important thing to know: if you set up your Classroom with your INSTITUTIONAL Google account, your students will need their INSTITUTIONAL Google accounts to use it (many institutional emails ARE Google accounts – check with your IT). If you set up your Classroom with your PERSONAL Google account (or one you create for this purpose), your students will need their PERSONAL Google accounts to use it.

Got a question about Google Classroom? I’m not an expert, but I can try to answer any questions here.

Sarah Goldammer

Thanks Jenny!

Could you tell us more about Google Sandbox learning? How do you use it? What has been the response from your students?

Jenny Siegfried

A “sandbox” is a fake class. It’s called a sandbox because you can play around in it to learn the functions and features of Google Classroom from a student point of view. I created a Google Classroom sandbox that anyone who sees this can join to learn what the student experience looks like. You could also set up your own Google Classroom sandbox as an instructor to learn how to use it before creating a class for students.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Get Started with Google Classroom
Your information: