Home / Forums / Winter 2021 Equity Discussion Forum / Increasing Equitiy In An ESL Classroom

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Jodi Norton

I found the Universal Design for Learning to be a valuable resource as I planned for my lessons after our Spring break. It made me think about my lessons differently. The discussions we had during our meetings helped me to think about all the resources that I was using and some that I could use in a better way to increase equity in my classroom. The 10 minute interview is a great way to help me get to know my students an how they learn best. I will get a few new students after the Spring break so it will be a perfect opportunity to use this tool. I am going to schedule some time with the new students to conduct this interview. I already use the Zoom break out rooms to meet with small groups with similar skill levels and one on one help. I am using Jamboard in my future lessons to see what the students are retaining from the lesson. I have used Jamboard before and it is gret springboard for class discussion. I liked the idea of using learning menus to provide the students with a choice for expressing their understanding. I am curently working on this and plan to implement it in the next few weeks. I curently use Google slides for application purposes, but everyone is working on the same slides. I realize now that I could change these slides and allow choices. I believe that this will definitley increase equity for all my learners.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Increasing Equitiy In An ESL Classroom
Your information: