Home / Forums / Low Tech/No Tech / No Tech/Low Tech Students

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Laura Sherwood

How are you reaching out to students who do not have internet access at home? I’ve heard that some programs are sending packets for students to work on, making phone calls one on one or with a group through apps like Whatsapp or using Facebook Live. What are you doing in your program to reach those hardest to reach, yet most in need?

Aga Sarrafian

I try to talk to my students every 2 days. I use text and real conversation on the phone. We all like to stay in touch. Written messages include sentences in English for them to translate.

Laura

Thanks for your post, Aga! Sending sentences for them to translate is a terrific way to help improve their skills and nothing beats a conversation with the teacher. Have you tried any conference calling? On my iPhone, I can call one person and then right on the phone screen, I can press a + sign and add another person, up to 5 people. When the second person answers, you join the calls and then all 3 of you can talk to each other. I’m not sure how it works on an Android, but I’m sure there is some way to do it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: No Tech/Low Tech Students
Your information: