Home / Forums / Digital Classroom Ideas & Resources / Ways to Use for Distance Learning

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Tara Schwab

It is nice to have a discussion board to share ideas with colleagues from various places. Thank you for that. Many of us are already using I-Pathways, but there are many features that can enhance e-learning and even help with attendance and such. First, you can easily create groups (classes) through the Manage Groups feature. Also, in addition to measuring student progress by the module completion rate and submission tracker that are already included, there are user friendly tracking documents and features in the Resources section. It is worth a look. I hope this helps!

Jenny Siegfried

Hi Tara! I’m not super familiar with i-Pathways. Do you know if there are training videos for any of these things?

Anita Kerr

Hi Jenny and Tara! I have used i-Pathways with my students in my LLCC class. There are occasional i-Pathways trainings offered through CAIT, the organization that runs i-Pathways. The new curriculum coordinator for i-Pathways is Nancy Heuer-Evans at nevans@cait.org, and she’d be glad to provide training info/videos, I’m sure.
    i-Pathways is definitely geared to ASE learners, but has a Basic Math and Basic Writing module for ABE learners as well. It is NOT designed for ESL students, however. Let me know if you’d like more detail. Good luck to you both!

Anya Enright

Adding a great product from GOOGLE.
    “Teach from Home” is a temp hub, where they combined all their “teach remotely” apps like “Work on a virtual white board”, “Create on-line quiz”, “Type with the voice”, etc. G-suite even offers a braille support.

It is beginner friendly, they start with “Find a place at home with a strong WI-FI connection for teaching on-line”.

Great umbrella resource is here:
    https://teachfromhome.google/intl/en/?utm_source=google-applied-digital-skills&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020331-Tr-On-Ln-K12CCEINS–hsms-ins-&src=em-2020331-Tr-On-Ln-K12CCEINS–hsms-ins-

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Ways to Use for Distance Learning
Your information: