Creating Local Program Instructional Teams Through Instructional Professional Pathways
Illinois is creating instructional teams within local programs as a mechanism to increase rigor and provide instruction tied to content standards. This process also provides high quality professional development for instructors. Through use of the CCR standards, professional pathways have been established and training provided to instructional staff in the areas of ABE/ASE, ESL, special learning needs and transitions. Certificates for completion of the steps in the pathways are provided by the state agency. Additionally, elements have been added to the statewide data system to measure the changes in student outcomes by providing data for analysis, by instructor, prior to pathways training and after pathways training.
Click on a link below to view/download the files.
- Illinois Professional Pathway Graphic
- ABE ASE Instructional Staff Professional Pathway
- ESL Instructional Staff Professional Pathway
- Special Learning Needs Professional Pathway
- SLN Pathway Checklist
- Transitions Professional Pathway
- Transitions Professional Checklist
- Illinois CCR EBRI SLN Connections